Leveraged analytics to transform revenue cycle efficiency
Nebraska Methodist’s partnership with MedeAnalytics drove significant reductions in denials, increased staff productivity, and improved data management across the entire hospital system.
The story behind the numbers...
Nebraska Methodist Health System partnered with MedeAnalytics to maximize the value of its patient accounting system (Cerner). Specifically, the hospital system sought to address:
- Increasing A/R days
- Lack of access into claim-level detail
- Insufficient visibility into staff productivity
- Rising denial rates
In tackling these challenges, organization leadership hoped to improve cost to collect, operationalize self-service analyses, and facilitate access to and actionability of data.
- Began as Methodist Hospital over 120 years ago
- Nebraska Methodist Health System was formed in 1982
- Not-for-profit system includes 4 hospitals
- 39 clinic locations
- Nursing and allied health college
- Medical supply distributorship and central laundry
“[Having] additional analytics has been invaluable. Paired with our patient accounting system, it allows our entire revenue cycle team to get the immediate insights and data we need to make significant improvements.”
Revenue Performance Manager
Want to talk with one of our experts?