West coast in-home care payvider
Reduced hospitalizations among high-risk populations with predictive analytics
This west coast in-home care payvider's innovative population health analytics, powered by MedeAnalytics, substantially reduced hospitalization rates below the national averages for its Medicare patients.
The story behind the numbers...
This west coast in-home care payvider came to MedeAnalytics with a few central business objectives:
- Address vulnerable populations
- Reduce hospitalizations for target groups
- Segment population groups for effective care management
They also had big goals for growing analytics and reporting capabilities, including determining "impactable" populations for interventions, aggregating data for patient stratification and cost analysis, and obtaining actionable insights about vulnerable patient populations.
- Leading, risk-bearing provider of field-based complex care for vulnerable populations
- Delivers high-touch, individualized care
- Uses predictive analytics to identify high-risk and rising-risk patients for in-home care delivery
- Addresses the social determinants of health, including transportation, social isolation, cognitive impairment, behavioral health and palliative care
MedeAnalytics’ Population Health solution enables this client to stratify risk and to assess cost and utilization patterns in the population to identify appropriate areas for intervention. More specifically, they:
Presbyterian is already working on plans to further their predictive and optimization analytics with MedeAnalytics innovative solutions.
“We were able to significantly decrease unnecessary utilization for an entire population with MedeAnalytics’ predictive analytics.
The insights allow [our] home-based care team to intervene with patients to slow down disease progression and keep them safely out of the hospital, while uniquely addressing their myriad of complex care needs.”
Chief Clinical Officer at this in-home care payvider on the West Coast
Want to talk with one of our experts?