The changes spurred by MedeAnalytics data and analytics capabilities represented a pivotal turning point for Oregon Health and Science University.
The story behind the numbers...
As the only academic health center in Oregon, this organization was faced with a unique set of opportunities for immediate improvement, including:
- Low case mix index (CMI)
- Decline in CC/MCC capture rate
- Disengaged physician group
- Lack of reliable data and monitoring
- Insufficient CDI team resources and staff
About Oregon Health:
- Academic health center
- 17,000+ employees
- 1M+ annual patient visits
- 576 total licensed beds
- 3,400+ student enrollment
MedeAnalytics and Oregon Health worked closely together to deploy a meaningful suite of dashboards, reports, and processes that addressed the challenges the health center was experiencing. These included:
- ICD-10 Code Opportunities dashboard identified DRG groups with the highest opportunity to capture additional revenue
- Physician-level reporting drove data-informed discussions and provided actionable insights with clear objectives
- Second-level review and reporting flagged potential missed CC/MCC opportunities
- Quarterly review meetings monitored physician performance against cohort data
- CDI education programs for fellows spurred increased buy-in
The changes spurred by MedeAnalytics data and analytics capabilities represented a pivotal turning point for Oregon Health and Science University. As physician engagement improved, a culture of trust and transparency was built. Ultimately, this culture cultivated better patient care and greater organizational success.
“Actionable analytics from MedeAnalytics have been invaluable for our CDI program. We have seen measurable improvements in our CMI and CC/MCC capture rates, which have significantly augmented revenue capture.”
Assistant Director of Clinical Documentation, Inpatient Coding and HCC Teams
Want to talk with one of our experts on the power of analytics?