As Hoag Memorial cultivated a culture of continuous documentation improvement and excellent clinical program performance, it was able to accomplish significant results:
The story behind the numbers...
Hoag Memorial Presbyterian Hospital was struggling to build physician engagement in their performance improvement initiatives.
The organization lacked the reports, peer comparisons and benchmarks needed to make meaningful change.
- Short-term acute care facility
- 518-bed main hospital
- 72-bed orthopedic center
- 416,000 claims annually
- 1,700 affiliated physicians and 6,000 employees
By partnering with MedeAnalytics, Hoag Memorial was able to access dashboards and scorecards to benchmark physician performance and enhance documentation practices. Specifically, the organization gained the ability to:
- Perform analyses based on clinical bundles, DRG groups, hospital peer and cohort benchmarks, and physician stratification
- Drill down into scorecard data and causal analysis key to performance improvement
- Leverage actionable insights to educate physicians and help them focus on gaps in care and documentation
- Cultivate a culture of continuous documentation improvement and excellent clinical program performance
They were also able to identify a service line (elective procedure) unique to Hoag.
“Leveraging data driven insights from our CDI initiative helped us engage and educate our physicians, foster healthy competition, and enable higher productivity and performance.”
Director of Hospital HIM Services
More about Hoag Memorial:
Now on demand: Hoag Memorial webinar
Want to talk with one of our experts on the power of analytics?