Lacking the detailed insights to quickly improve CDI core metrics such as CMI and CC/MCC capture, and with tools that were limiting their ability to monitor audit trends and respond to external payer audits, Ardent Health Services turned to MedeAnalytics to better support teams across their HIM department. The partnership has surpassed their expectations:
The story behind the numbers...
Ensuring patient care is delivered, documented, and billed appropriately takes many teams. Ardent Health Services needed tools to support their HIM teams to manage audits, track trends, discover documentation improvement opportunities, and see specifics which physicians needed what education. Ardent turned to MedeAnalytics for a single platform that could scale analytics across their 30 facilities.
- Headquartered in Nashville, TN
- 5 regional divisions including:
– 30 hospitals
– 25,000 employees
– 1,300 employed providers
– $4.4 billion in revenue
“Our priority is always patient care, and to deliver it effectively we needed a more efficient, reliable strategy for handling audits. We needed to improve our reporting and monitoring capabilities while still saving time, resources and dollars. To help us on this journey, we chose MedeAnalytics.”
Melissa Barreras, RHIA
AVP, HIM Operations
Ardent Health Services and MedeAnalytics worked together to deploy a meaningful suite of CDI and audit dashboards, reports and processes that have helped drive improvement initiatives across all facilities.
- Increase staff efficiency in responding to external audits
- Enhance data analytics accuracy and decrease time to build reports
- Improve CMI, CC/MCC capture rate and decrease ALOS
Together, MedeAnalytics and Ardent implemented a flexible, holistic solution. They successfully maximized ROI by:
- Standardizing processes and analytics reports across all 30 facilities
- Monitoring high risk claims and implement internal audit on a single platform
- Providing drill-down level details into CDI improvement opportunities
- Using automatic reporting to reduce time spent pulling data
“MedeAnalytics has supported our focus on decision-based insights, so we can solve the problems of the day without being distracted from continually improving our core metrics.”
VP of HIM, Ardent Health Services
More about Ardent Health Services:
A conversation with Ardent Health Services at HIMSS22
Protecting your financial stability through robust audit response and analytics
Want to talk with one of our experts on the power of analytics?