Five Steps to Creating a Culture of Accountability and Performance
As healthcare continues to transform, it’s important to identify the goals that will help you succeed. Systematically executing on those goals, however, can be a difficult task. Many healthcare organizations fall short when it comes to creating and successfully implementing important initiatives that ensure those goals are achieved.
Critical details get lost in a quagmire of emails and hallway conversations. In addition, a lack of clear leadership accountability, insight into performance metrics, transparency and progress tracking cause many to lose sight of tactical actions that drive results.
Here are five ways you can create a culture of accountability and performance in your organization to communicate, align, measure and ensure performance against your goals—at all levels of the organization.
- Set goals and objectives. Determining the critical priorities that will achieve your organization’s vision is the first step toward effecting change across the enterprise. This sets the direction and keeps leaders focused on the big picture.
- Define initiatives and key performance indicators. Once goals are set, you need to determine the initiatives and KPIs that meet those goals. Every initiative should have an assigned leader, a set of performance metrics and action steps to be completed.
- Create an action plan. Action plans contain a chronological series of discrete activities that ensure the achievement of critical success factors and measurable objectives.
- Build in accountability. It’s important for employees to score and report progress on their action steps. This creates accountability and ownership for employees and gives managers real-time feedback.
- Track progress. Dashboards, scorecards and alerts enable you to monitor the progress of your initiatives and ensure that all performance goals are being met and sustained over time.
For more information, read more about MedeAnalytics Performance Management or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.