As health plans throughout the industry likely recognize, the chart retrieval (or chart chase) process performed for annual HEDIS® reporting can be fraught with inefficiencies. This time-consuming process often involves paper- and spreadsheet-based workflows, multiple systems that don’t communicate with each other, and the difficulties associated with identifying which charts to retrieve from which providers.
Furthermore, quality improvement feedback can be delayed, and with only 10-12 weeks to retrieve charts, any small misstep could lead to inaccurate, inaccessible, and incomplete data that will directly affect your scores.
How do you overcome these obstacles to improve efficiencies and HEDIS scores? Our all-in-one quality management analytics solution simplifies and improves the chart chase process with:
- Faster identification of measure compliance with underlying rules for each measure embedded in the application. This allows for quicker evidence of compliance, non-compliance, approved exclusions, or confirmation of no evidence found. In addition, you can upload supporting medical documentation to share with auditors.
- Easier chart chase assignment and management with the flexibility to assign chart chases via a provider chase logic or manually assign specific measures to select chart chasers. Also, you can filter and drill down to certain measures, providers, and patients and search by chart chase groups, measure year, status, and other factors.
- Better assignment of chart abstraction resources enabling HEDIS managers to create a chart chase that identifies the target complete date, chart chase owner, and reviewer. Once assigned, the application sends an email notification to the reviewer who can either sign into the chart chase application or click a link within the email.
The benefits of these capabilities are clear. An independent survey* of MedeAnalytics clients revealed that quality management analytics enables them to:
- Spend 60% less time on quality reporting and submissions
- Reduce the time spent on chart chasing by 30%
- Spend 95% less on temp help or third-party vendors
As the 2019 HEDIS season approaches, it’s important to identify the tools that will inject speed and data quality in your chart chase process. With a simplified and streamlined chart chase process, you can save time and eliminate costly inefficiencies—to quickly put high HEDIS scores within reach.
To get a first-hand look at our Quality Management analytics solution, watch our on-demand webinar, Optimizing Chart Chases on the Road to HEDIS® Success.
*MedeAnalytics client survey. Results may vary.
HEDIS® is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
Get our take on industry trends
In the evolving landscape of healthcare, the transition to value-based care stands out as one of the most pivotal initiatives.…Read on...