2016 was a major year for healthcare innovation. From cross state big data collaborations to the recent passing of the 21st Century Cures Act, here are a few of our top healthcare innovation stories from the past year:
- Healthcare is Having an Ernest Hemingway Moment – From virtual reality to cloud-based systems, healthcare organizations are looking to continue progressing innovation forward. Tom Sullivan of Healthcare IT News explores how health systems across the country are using emerging technologies to encourage patient engagement.
- “Big Data Spokes” Tackle Population Health with IoT, Informatics – Following a $10 million grant from the National Science Foundation, four academic institutions across the nation will work together to better utilize big data analytics. Jennifer Bresnick of HealthIT Analytics shares how this collaboration will improve data sharing, help develop best practices and open new opportunities for data-driven public health.
- CMS releases MACRA final rule: 10 things to know – Nearly 2,400 pages in length, the final MACRA rule aims to reduce the administrative burden on physicians so they can focus on care improvement and the transition to VBC. Emily Rappleye of Becker’s Hospital Review highlights the top 10 things to know about the new rule.
- ICD-10 turns 1: Was it so bad? – As of October, ICD-10 codes reached their first birthday and, surprisingly, the transition turned out to be better than expected. Meg Bryant of Healthcare Dive looks at how the implementation fared over the past year.
- $6.3 Billion Measure Aims to Cure Ailing Health Care Policies – In a rare bipartisan vote, the long awaited 21st Century Cures Act was officially signed into law. Jennifer Steinhauer and Sabrina Tavernise of The New York Times explore how the boost in federal funding for research efforts in cancer and other diseases will also support health IT efforts across the country.
With robots entering the healthcare space, a new administration and the continued prospect for new medical advances in the health IT community, we are helping ensure that our customers are ready for this changing landscape. If you want to learn more about how MedeAnalytics can help your organization excel in the new year, check out our solutions page.
Get our take on industry trends
In the evolving landscape of healthcare, the transition to value-based care stands out as one of the most pivotal initiatives.…Read on...