4 indispensable habits of value-based healthcare provider, ConcertoCare
By Andy Dé
During an August webinar hosted by Becker’s Hospital Review, patient engagement experts from ConcertoCare joined me to discuss the ways predictive analytics have improved patient care and health outcomes. If you’re not familiar with ConcertoCare, the organization is a value-based provider of primary and complex care for people with unmet health and social needs. The panelists who joined me were:
- Amy Flaster, MD, Chief Medical Officer, ConcertoCare
- Brian Davis, MD, Senior Vice President, Care Partners, ConcertoCare
I was eager to sit down with these panelists for two main reasons: (1) ConcertoCare is a valued partner of MedeAnalytics and (2) it employs a human-first, tech-enabled approach to healthcare delivery that raises the bar for patient experience, respect and wellbeing across the industry.
A not-so-secret third reason is that I love what the organization name represents. A concerto is a conversation between the soloist and the orchestra. In healthcare terms, the patient is the soloist and ConcertoCare strives to be the orchestra — supporting the patient’s care and wellbeing in every note.
You can dive into the full webinar conversation here:
For those who only have time for a quick recap – or prefer reading to watching – I wanted to highlight a few key takeaways that Drs. Flaster and Davis shared as keys to their organization’s success:
- Center patient’s autonomy, values and personhood with an individualized approach to needs
- Hire multidisciplinary care teams who are mission-driven, compassionate and representative of the communities they treat
- Address social determinants of health and health equity to provide holistic, meaningful support to patients and their loved ones or caretakers
- Integrate technology thoughtfully and intentionally to guide decision making, predict patient needs and ensure the best outcomes
A quick note regarding the technology mentioned in #4: Dr. Davis explained how ConcertoCare has developed an incredible homegrown solution that leverages predictive analytics, time-saving workflows and other important capabilities to support the needs of both clinicians and patients. To augment and get the full value out of that solution, ConcertoCare also relies on MedeAnalytics to normalize, summarize, and understand their data. This partnership provides ConcertoCare’s leaders with the feedback and reports they need to refine algorithms, improve efficiency, adjust scoring systems, and – most importantly – ensure positive patient outcomes.
For those wondering, Dr. Flaster defined positive patient outcomes as ones that:
- Reduced unnecessary admissions, readmissions, and ER visits
- Closed gaps in care quality and equity
- Improved patient performance in health behaviors – e.g., medication adherence
- Satisfied the patient and their caregivers (ConcertoCare’s NPS is 96!)
Once again, I am honored to have had the opportunity to sit down with Drs. Flaster and Davis of ConcertoCare to discuss their impressive, analytics-powered advancements in patient care and population health. To learn more, I encourage you to: